Date: April 3rd, 2012

Hi Everyone --
Don't forget.... Rock Falls Raceway has its 2012 Season Opener this Saturday, April 7 -- It's a Saturday Fun Race!!  Hope you can join us!!
Here's the info on our first opening event of 2012:
Saturday, April 7 -- Saturday Fun Race

  • Gates open at 7:30 a.m.

  • Time Trials at 9 a.m.

  • Eliminations at 1 p.m.

  • Come race for money or for trophies -- same price, just $40.  Come Watch for just $10/Adults, Kids (8-12) $5, Under 8 FREE and Seniors $8.

  • Race in the Money Class or Pro ET (for vehicles with No Electronics (i.e., Delay Box or Throttle Stop) --
    Pays $250/Win; $100/RU & $50/Semis.

  • Race in the Trophy Classes (Street Eliminator 13.00 & Slower or King of the Hill 12.99 & Quicker) -- Win 2 rounds, win a Trophy!!

  • FREE Consolation Race to anyone who loses 1st or 2nd round of their eliminator. Pays $100/Win; $50/RU and final 4 receive trophies!

Chassis Certification -- If you have a vehicle that runs 9.99 or quicker or over 135 mph in the 1/4 mile you MUST have your chassis certified before you can run/race. Anyone who's chassis is already certified needs to check their chassis sticker to see if you are up for renewal in 2012. The chassis stickers are good for 3 years, then the vehicle needs to be re-certified. Rock Falls Raceway will be holding a Chassis Certification on our first Test Day on Saturday, April 14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the track. If you need to get it certified (for the 1st time) or a re-certification, please contact Jennifer at (715) 858-0170 or by email at to get your name added to the list. The cost of the chassis sticker is $150 and that gets paid directly to NHRA the day of the certification. The track is charging $10 per person to get in the gate. You can also test and license that day if you'd like (of course at an additional cost).
Helmets -- REMINDER: If you own or use a Snell 2000 helmet for racing, please be advised that these helmets ARE NOW EXPIRED and you will need to get a Snell 2005 or newer helmet for racing starting this year. Only those who run 13.99 or quicker need the new updated helmets. So, if you run 14.00 or slower the older model Snell helmets will still work just fine. But please make sure to check your helmet and remind your friends too. The SNELL 2000 models will NOT be allowed for use if you are running 13.99 or quicker!!
Motorized Pit Vehicles -- Continuing this season at ALL Division 5 NHRA racetracks is a requirement that all Motorized Pit Vehicles (Scooters, Sprees, Golf Carts, 4-Wheelers, etc) be registered at the Racetrack in order to be operated at the track. Here is how this will work. The first time you come out to the Rock or any other D5 racetrack, you will be asked to register your pit vehicle. The cost to do this is just $10. You will need to purchase a registration for EACH motorized pit vehicle you have. (So, if you have a scooter/spree and a golf cart, you will need to buy a registration for each and it will cost you $10 per vehicle, $20 total.) You will fill out the registration form and then the track will provide you with a registration sticker that will be put on your pit vehicle. This sticker will be good at ALL NHRA Div 5 race tracks for any event (EXCEPT National Events) . You will not have to purchase a Pit Vehicle Sticker/Registration at each D5 track you go to. This Pit Vehicle Registration is not optional. If you want to use your motorized pit vehicle at the track, then you MUST purchase a registration or you will not be allowed to operate the motorized pit vehicle. This new requirement is being done for the your protection and the racetracks. By signing the registration papers, you are taking full responsibility for the pit vehicle (no matter who you allow to drive it) and any liability caused as a result of any incident that it may be involved in and that causes injury or damage to anyone else or their property. Also a reminder that NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 who does not have a valid driver's license is allowed to operate any motorized vehicle at the track (race car or pit vehicle) unless they possess a Jr Dragster License which allows them to drive a Jr Dragster only. All Pit Vehicles MUST also display the owner's competition number as well as the Registration Sticker. The Pit Vehicle Registration Stickers will be good for one full season/year and then will be renewed the following season/year. If you would like to get a registration form prior to coming out and have it all filled out and ready to go when you get to the track or would like to take care of the registration prior to the race season starting, please contact Jennifer at (715) 858-0170 or by email at . I can email or fax the forms.
Looking for some Good Employees -- Rock Falls Raceway is looking for a few of people who are automotively knowledgeable, dependable, like drag racing and have knowledge of drag racing that would like to work in Tech Inspection and Staging at the Rock. Also looking for concession stand/timeslip booth workers as well. If interested or know of someone who might be, please contact Jennifer at (715) 858-0170 or by email at Thanks.
We are looking forward to a great 2012 drag racing season and we hope that you will be able to come out and join us for a little fun, fame and fortune at Rock Falls Raceway.
Check out the website for further information at !!
See ya soon!!
Rock Falls Raceway
Jennifer Anderson, Track Manager
Al Corda, Owner

<< Previous: Rock Falls Raceway 2012 Season -- Opening Sat. April 7

| Archive Index |

Next: Racing this Weekend April 14-15 -- Sat. Test Day & Sunday Sport Compact Race >>

(archive rss, atom)

this list's archives:

News from Rock Falls Raceway.

Subscribe to RFR News:


Powered by Dada Mail 2.10.8
Copyright © 1999-2006, Simoni Creative.