Bikes Only

Gates Open @ 8 a.m.
Open Time Trials from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Eliminations Around 1:15 p.m.


Most Motorcycles (M/C) will pass tech inspection if they are in the OEM condition (I.E.; - not modified).  EXCEPT 3-wheel motorcycles and motorcycles with automobile or marine engines (NOT permitted).  Also NO Scooters or Mopeds Allowed.  However many large displacement M/C's are capable of achieving elapsed times and speeds that require extra items not found as standard equipment.

If your M/C runs 10.99 seconds or SLOWER in the 1/4 mile (6.99 in 1/8th mile) or slower than 120 MPH in the 1/4 mile we will check for the following items:

    ∙    Valid state issued drivers license or NHRA competition license

    ∙    Self returning (snap back) throttle

    ∙    Operating front and rear brakes

    ∙    OEM chain guard or one constructed to meet NHRA specs

    ∙    One functional taillight mandatory

    ∙    A Snell (2010 or newer) certified full face helmet with original face shield (NO goggles permitted)

    ∙    Long Pants (NO Nylon) Mandatory  

    ∙    Leather jacket or abrasion resistant SFI spec racing style jacket mandatory

    ∙    Leather gloves with Kevlar lining or slide buttons on the palm/heel area required

    ∙    Leather Boots or Shoes which cover the ankle area mandatory

If your M/C is capable of ET’s quicker than 10.99 to 10.00 in the 1/4 mile (6.99 in 1/8th) besides the items listed above, you must install a lanyard with a positive cutoff switch to cut off the ignition system should you become separated from the M/C.  Switch must be on low-voltage side of the ignition circuit.  Many stock machines are equipped with a handlebar-mounted thumb switch that can have a lanyard easily attached for the above purpose. OEM cutoff permitted in plac of lanyard.

If your M/C is capable of exceeding 120 MPH in the 1/4 mile, besides the items listed above, you must wear full leathers or two piece leathers with metal zipper that zip together at the waist or a SFI Spec. 40.1/1 or 40.1/2 suit mandatory.

If your M/C runs 9.99 or quicker in the 1/4 mile (6.39 in 1/8th) or 135 MPH you will need a NHRA Competition License.  Consult the NHRA rule book for licensing requirements.


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram

©2020 by Rock Falls Raceway